Eggs ... I love!


Which came first- the chicken or the egg? I am not going to be trapped in an endless debate to settle the issue. All I know is egg is something I cannot live without if I am to continue doing what I love most- cooking and baking. I love chicken eggs, duck eggs and quail eggs. It is one of the most versatile ingredients in cooking and I can’t imagine a kitchen without eggs. I know people who can eat boiled eggs everyday for breakfast and some who prefer them over steak and other gourmet dishes. To each his own, as the saying goes. Now-a-days, people who are trying to be on the healthy side opt for egg substitutes and why not? We can be healthy and enjoy the delicious egg dishes at the same time. But I believe in moderation and for as long as I don’t eat eggs everyday, I want the real deal in my crème brulee, in my leche flan and other desserts. The egg is a binder, a dish topper, a great protein source, it makes my pancakes fluffier and I could go on and on because there are a million uses for both the whites and the yolk. My mom even uses egg shells to make her orchids healthier and more beautiful- how, I have no clue. Gardening is like an uncharted territory for me and I don’t really venture far away from the kitchen. I could water the grass though lol. But going back to egg, I just thought I’d talk about it some…. give the egg its proper respect. Maybe do some egg dishes soon.

Comments

Popular Posts