Mangoes


Yes they’re here! The cream of the crop (the sweetest, plumpiest and most fragrant) have yet to make the grand entrance as it is early in the mango season but I see them in some Asian stores and in fact, I grabbed a box last weekend in preparation for what would be the main attraction in my project which I named Project: An Angel Food Cake A Day. I am talking about mangoes, those heart-shaped fruits with luscious and delectable flesh which I’m proud to say, Philippines produces the best and the country’s national fruit. I love mangoes when they’re still green, yellow, yellow green, sweet, sour, sweet and sour at the same time and there’s just so much I can do with them. I have a mango tree which I bought almost two years ago but while it is still there in our backyard and has not died- it has not really grown no matter what the gardener does. I can not pronounce it dead because it’s still standing firmly on the ground. I guess I will never see the day when I will pick my mangoes from my own tree. But this weekend, I will be making my Mango Crunch Angel Food Cake first and then maybe deal with my mango tree later.

Comments

Popular Posts