Mango Soufflé



It’s not a happy night for me as a Lakers fan coz’ they lost tonight. I just didn’t like the way they played and when the second half started with the other team up by 19 - I resigned to the notion that they can still catch up. What else can I do to feel better but head to the kitchen and whip something different and more exciting than watch my homeboys getting whacked? I saw I only have three mangoes left from the box I bought last week so why not finish it with a bang? Mango soufflé- yes, I did it! And I didn’t know it was so easy. I was thinking of making mango tiramisu at first but I saw an old recipe for chocolate soufflé and thought why don’t I try use mangoes instead? It was a wise decision because my soufflés turned out really good. I even added a couple of drops of mango extract to heighten the flavor. I was bad though coz’ I’ve been sending picture messages to my friends to make them jealous. There, losing is not so bad at all---trying a new dessert with good results erased the disappointment.

MANGO SOUFFLÉ

Ingredients:
6-7 ramekins or soufflé molds
butter to grease the ramekins (sides and bottoms)
granulated sugar to coat the buttered ramekins
2 medium mangos, pureed + 1 for garnish
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
4 extra large egg yolks
4 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 cup confectioner's sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Butter the soufflé molds. Sprinkle the bottom and sides of molds with sugar; shake off excess.
Place dishes on a baking sheet. Do not touch the inside
Peel, slice and pit the mangoes and puree in a blender
Separate the egg yolks and the whites
Whisk in the sugar and lemon juice-set aside
Add the egg yolks and mix well
Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites till frothy
Add the the cream of tartar and continue whipping
When they reach soft peaks, gradually add the confectioners sugar
Continue beating until the whites become firm, glossy and fluffy
Fold the egg whites into the mango mixture.

Fill the mold with the soufflé mixture. Smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 20 minutes or until they're puffed and light brown on top.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with mango slices and mint leaves
Serve at once
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts