I want S'mores!



I should have posted this earlier but my car needs my attention first- if only it could scream............pleeeease.... I need a bath lol... anyway, he's all shiny and spotless again so I can now talk about this yummy cupcake. I haven't made this cupcake for the longest and if my cousin didn't bring home some yesterday, I will not remember. I've made changes on the original recipe which was too sweet when I followed it the first time and the cupcake is a bit dry. This one is just right- the cupcakes are moist because I used buttermilk instead of regular milk and decreased the sugar because the marshmallow cream is already sweet and so are the chocolate squares and graham crackers and crumb toppings. Go slow in adding the confectioner's sugar as well and just stop adding when the level of sweetness is achieved without using up all of 2 cups.

S'mores Cupcakes

Ingredients:
¾ c unsweetened coco powder
1 ¾ all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 ½ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
2 large eggs
¾ cup warm water
1 cup buttermilk
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tin with paper liners, set aside
2. Sift together coco powder, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
3. Add eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil and vanilla and mix till smooth; about three minutes.
4. Scrape all sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure batter is mixed thoroughly
5. Divide batter equally among muffin cups; about 2/3 full
6. Bake about 20 minutes, rotating pan once. Cool completely in wire racks.

Frosting:
3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
½ tsp vanilla
16 oz jar of marshmallow cream

Toppings:
Graham cracker crumbs and rectangular pieces
Hershey’s chocolate squares (from a bar)

Method:
1.Cream the butter on high speed till light and fluffy.
2.Add the confectioner’s sugar; ¼ cup at a time and beat until fluffy each time.
3.Beat in the vanilla then add the marshmallow cream until creamy
4.Transfer to pastry bag and pipe into cupcakes or you can cut the corner of a ziploc bag instead
5.Dust the tops with graham cracker crumbs and garnish with a Hershey’s chocolate square and a piece of graham cracker

Comments

  1. Hi Faye! I've seen your posts from time to time on Soompi, and I just wanted you to know that your recipes and creations are great! I'll be following you and trying out some of your recipes on my own. =) Good luck, and happy cooking/baking!

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words and support. And yes....happy cooking/baking to all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts