Craving for spaghetti



I couldn’t wait till I get home from work today so I can make my spaghetti. I swear, I didn’t eat the whole day because all I can think of is long noodles, cooked al-dente tossed in olive oil, chili flakes, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes , lots of shrimps and parmesan cheese. And so straight to the kitchen I was after changing and donning my apron. My garlic-shrimp spaghetti is ready in less than thirty minutes. This is a very easy recipe and this is what I make when I’m tired of red and white pasta sauces. Sometimes I add broccoli, chestnuts and carrots too. It's the sun-dried tomatoes soaked in olive oil and chili flakes that gives the dish a special flavor and the grated parmesan completes the ensemble! Here's my recipe for this simple and easy but yummy spaghetti.

Garlic-Shrimp Spaghetti

Ingredients:
3 cloves of garlic minced
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes soaked in olive oil
1 tsp chili flakes
2 tbsp olive oil
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
1 lb medium sized shrimps shelled and deveined- tail on
chopped parsley

Directions:
Cook spaghetti no more than ten minutes. Ten minutes is from the time water starts boiling again after pasta is added to water. Drain and set aside.
In a non-stick skillet, heat olive oil and sauté the garlic till fragrant. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, salt and chili flakes. Add the shrimps and cook till they’re bright pink. Add the pasta and toss. Drizzle with more olive oil and add the grated parmesan cheese. Sprinkle chopped parsley and serve hot.

Comments

Popular Posts