Park Shin Yang (look-alike) and Soon dubu jigae

I took a day off today to take my mom to her doctor appointment. There’s really nothing extra ordinary about it or going to the hospital except that one of the doctors who saw her looks like Park Shin Yang of Lovers in Paris fame.


OMG! I wanted to take a picture of him but how can I do that without his knowledge and I don’t have the guts to ask him to pose for a shot. He could really pass as PSY’s brother- even the way he talks and his nose and the shape of his face. He was all business though and didn’t see him smile to see if he has PSY’s killer dimples. Anyway, I think it’s worth writing about.

I’m glad we’re home when it started to rain. But I suddenly got a craving for soon dubu jigae.


I’ve been thinking and planning to make some instead of eating out but I wanted to shop for a soup pot and all the necessary ingredients first. The craving was so bad I just went to the store and bought everything available to make my first soon dubu. I was able to get everything but the dried kelp and that little container for the anchovies which I could just immerse in the broth while it boils. It came out really good and just perfect for the cold rainy night.


And to finish off dinner, I had some fruits and a slice of taisan.

Comments

  1. Hi Faye,
    I found your blog via Soompi.
    You have a great blog! I love food like you.
    When Korean restaurants make soon dubu jjigae, they usually add MSG. It is much better to make it at home so you know what goes in it. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Juliana! Welcome to my blog and thank you for your kind words. On my part, I want to be able to cook or make or bake all my favorites. Sometimes just to find out if I can make them better and you are correct- it is better to make it at home so we are in control of everything :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts