Fruity Baby Spinach Salad

Salad everyday

That is the plan. So far I’ve been consistent in having it in my daily meals. Tonight is no different. I have baby spinach with strawberries, grapes and Roma tomatoes with raspberry vinaigrette for my fruity baby spinach salad topped with crumbled Panela cheese. Panela cheese is one of the most popular fresh cheeses in Mexico. I love it because it is mild, creamy and not as salty as feta cheese- perfect for salads.

Fruity Baby Spinach Salad

Ingredients:

1 bag pre-washed baby spinach
3 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
2 cups grapes, halved

For the dressing:

Ingredients
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 tbsp raspberry preserves, seeds removed
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Whisk together in a glass bowl and pour over salad.
Store left over in the fridge for future use

Paired with my fresh and fruity salad is roasted Cornish hen- again. This is the second installment from the six-pack we got from Costco. They’re sitting in the fridge lightly seasoned with salt and pepper and just awaiting for further action. I could just grill or bake them and they pair well with any salad. Saturday was honey mustard and lemon juice marinade; this time it is balsamic-Dijon mustard marinade with a little soy sauce and red pepper flakes. I oven roasted the birds for an hour and a half on low so that the meat is really tender and juicy. If you noticed, my marinades can be used in fish as well and has that salad dressing aspect. I love balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard- I like mustard in any form, actually. For the marinade I used

1 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup canola or olive oil

Make sure to pat dry the chicken
Whisk all the ingredients together, pour over chicken and marinade for two hours before roasting.

I didn't blog about dinner last night because I was busy watching my homeboys against the Mavs. I was so happy ugly as the game was. A win is a win no matter how ugly it is and it really made my Monday. It's the first time since the season started that I really sat down to watch the game. I guess part of it was because I wanted to see how the crowd will welcome LO at Staples in another uniform. It was so emotional. He was given a standing O which he deserves and I can't help but tear up. I know he was touched by the love- it was evident and so much more when DFish hugged him. And it was DFish's night again as he shot the winning three-pointer.

Oh and by the way, dinner last night was grilled salmon and some left over apple-broccoli slaw.

Comments

Popular Posts