Revisiting a classic favorite: Potato Salad


I must be nuts- still awake at 1:52 am and blogging. I know I'll pay dearly for this tomorrow at work but so be it. It's a rarity that I just want to embrace. I don't really stay up this late to blog but somehow, I just feel like it. After making an old favorite ---- potato salad!

Maybe there's nothing special about my potato salad. Maybe you also use Klondike Rose red potatoes like I do because of its creamy texture (which makes it numero uno on my list). Maybe too your dressing consists of mayo with apple cider vinegar, sugar, sea salt, celery seeds, black pepper, sweet pickle relish, horseradish mustard and honey mustard. In that case, we're one in thinking that potato salad should be treated with respect and made with love. It has to be the perfect blend of the tangy, sweet, creamy and salty and there should be some crunch to it so we add fresh celery and I mean really fresh that you can actually hear the crunch as you chop away.

That is my classic potato salad and here's how to make it

Classic Potato Salad

Ingredients
8 medium potatoes (I prefer Klondike Rose red potatoes- Yukon gold is a yummy option)
5 large eggs
3 celery stalks,
1 red onion, chopped

For the dressing
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp honey mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp celery seeds
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish

Directions
Peel potatoes and boil in salted water for 25 minutes or until fork tender
Drain, dice and set aside.
Boil eggs for six minutes then turn off the heat. Just allow the egg to sit in the water for 8-10 minutes to continue cooking. Remove the shell and chop, set aside
Whisk together ingredients for dressing and chill
In a big bowl, just dump the potatoes, onion and celery
Pour the dressing and gently mix together.
Stir in eggs and chill before serving.

Notes:

Chill the dressing well before using

Lunch will be exciting tomorrow .... I hope I won't fall asleep at the lounge though.

Comments

  1. Hi Faye

    I just stumbled upon your blog and i love your recipes. I was wondering if you can put up a step by step recipe on how to do this classic potato salad. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! There, I posted my recipe for you. Let me know how it turns out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting the recipe Faye. I will be making it soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts