Peach-Mango Phyllo Canolli


I said my final goodbye to the remaining phyllo sheets in my freezer today. I was going to make another strudel but decided against it after watching a video on making phyllo canolli. It looks easier and who knows, I may even fall in love with this type of canolli. Honestly, I am not a big fan. Maybe I haven't tasted a really good one hence my lukewarm reaction to the popular Italian street food.

I have peaches and mangoes ripened to perfection and they're an awesome duo for a filling. This time I had to cook the fruits in light brown sugar, cinnamon, cream cheese and I threw in a handful of old fashioned oats for texture.

They're even better than I thought! Here's my recipe

Peach-Mango Phyllo Canolli

Ingredients:
2 yellow peaches, peeled, cored and cut into cubes
1 Indian mango, peeled, cubed as well
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 pkg cream cheese
1/3 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup water

Method:
Cook the cubed fruits in water and light brown sugar in a non stick pan
Add cream cheese and old fashioned oats when it starts to soften
Remove from stove and allow to cool.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
Stack 5 phyllo sheets on your work area, each one brushed lightly with melted butter
Cut the sheets into squares
Spoon two tablespoons of the cooled fruit filling diagonally to the middle of the phyllo square
Fold opposite corner over the other to form a tube pressing gently to seal it
Repeat the process to the rest of the phyllo squares and filling
Arrange in an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until phyllo is flaky or light golden brown
Allow to cool and sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar before serving

Comments

  1. Right now, I would give 50$ just to taste those. Why can't I learn to make such amazing stuff! ><

    ___
    call Nepal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, it's so easy to make! But thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts