Almond Toffee Crunch Cookies


I wanted to try Giada Laurentiis’ Hazelnut Chocolate Chips Cookies but I don’t have hazelnuts and ran out of old fashioned oats. You think I’ll be stopped once I decide on something? Surely I can find alternative ingredients and either I make the recipe better or bust. So I used almonds which I toasted in the oven for ten minutes, shaking the pan halfway through the process. There is something about toasted almonds that makes the cookies more flavorful. But finding a substitute for the old fashioned oats took a little while and I was ready to give up and just go ahead with what I have when I saw my box of frosted corn flakes and told myself there’s my substitution! So I just pounded on them till they’re almost fine and mixed half a cup with the flour mixture. I decided to decrease both brown and white sugars by a quarter of a cup each since I have toffee candy, semisweet chocolate chips and frosted corn flakes in the recipe. The result was just amazing. I baked these cookies two days in a row to give away to my friends but I’ve been munching on them too. They’re so good! Next time you’re thinking of baking cookies, give this recipe a try. I am sure you will love it too. They’re good while warm and even when completely cooled. I’ve tried it with cold milk, coffee, ginger tea and my favorite passion tea and with same result- sheer yumminess! Here's the recipe :-)

Almond Toffee Crunch Cookies

Ingredients:
½ cup frosted corn flakes –broken to very small pieces
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
¾ cup (packed) light brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 extra large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup Heath English toffee candy, finely chopped
1 cup toasted almonds,chopped
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Put the chopped almonds, toffee candy and chocolate chips in a bowl
and sprinkle two tbsp flour
3. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Pound the corn flakes with the back of your hand until broken into small pieces. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl until fluffy. 5. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Stir in the toffee, almond, and chocolate chips.
6. For each cookie, drop 1 rounded tablespoonful of dough onto sheet, spacing 1-inch apart (do not flatten dough I. Bake until the cookies are golden (cookies will flatten slightly), about 16 minutes.
7. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.

Comments

Popular Posts