Didn’t blog for days but the kitchen is steamy

This is the first time the weekend passed me by and I didn’t blog about anything. Blame it on the after shock brought by my traffic tickets and then finding out just how expensive the fines are. I must say I was and still am in and out of it- mulling over the incident and how to best come to terms with it. But how can you come to terms with $618 for one and who knows how much the other citation will cost. I could buy a lot of kitchen gadgets with that kind of money right?

Anyway, I maybe facing a huge traffic violation fine but we still got to eat and I’ve been busy in the kitchen despite the summer heat. I have left over blueberries and ripe bananas I didn’t want to go to waste so I made some blueberry-banana muffins. I also made Chicken Cacciatore which I brought to works for lunch with the BB muffins. Yes, it’s all about sharing and enjoying food.
Summer time is jell-o time for me. I guess it’s because it is very easy to make with so many variations to boot- whether plain or mixed with cream or with fruits. I made it for my mom during the weekend using fruit cocktail and with honey wheat pretzels as the base for the crust. It is a welcome twist from the usual graham crumb crust because of the mixture of the salty and sweet.
Last week, I made corn bread and corn cake for my friends and then some for my own craving. I’ve been planning to make vegetarian chili for almost a month- in fact; I have most of my ingredients ready. But same old story, I would end up doing something else. The plan finally materialized and I made it. It tasted like the best chili in the world because of all the cravings built up in the recesses of my foodie senses (for lack of a better term he he he). I used black and kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, yellow onion, garlic, Portobello mushrooms, zucchini, veggie crumbles (imitation meat), salt, cayenne pepper and cilantro. It was spicy which complemented my moist and sweet corn bread which I made with extra cream style corn. I will definitely make it again this weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts