Spiced Pear with Cream Cheese Galette


I came out of the box today and used another fruit other than peaches, apples and blueberries for my galette- firm and sweet organic Bartlett pears which I cooked first with sugar, ginger root, unsalted butter and drops of almond extract before assembling them in my pie crust. And for additional yumminess, I added lumps of cream cheese to the filling, a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on top and a shower of Florida crystals on the sides after brushing with egg wash.

I was not disappointed. It was really delicious and it's funny because the temperature suddenly became warmer that I felt like eating my galette with ice cream. Which reminded me that I got a pint of Talenti Gelato at Albertson's the other night.
It is the flavor we were looking for- Carribean Coconut. Just perfect for a slice of my spiced pear galette. And the way it turned out, I kinda regretted not buying more pears for an extra galette. I am sure there'll be nothing left to bring to work tomorrow. Sorry neighbors!

Comments

Popular Posts