Christmas feast

Christmas just came and is over now. Should I blame it to economics it is the quietest one ever? I should give it to those who really went out of their way to give presents in the spirit of the occasion despite this recession period we are still in. Anyway, it’s the thought that counts, right?

In the same light, I can call what I made in the kitchen a feast considering the people who are suffering from hunger in so many places around the globe. I did make my
seafood paella which disappeared so quickly. My ingredients are the usual pork and chicken meat, lobster tails (meat only- and I kind of regretted not using the ones in shells for aesthetic purposes …lol), shrimps, scallops, squid rings, baby clams and absent were king crab legs, mussels and chorizo de bilbao (how can I forget that?) but the taste is still awesome. I added extra saffron threads to make it even more flavorful.


I also made
ham with lots of pineapple glaze and pineapple chunks (marinating the ham in pineapple juice overnight really did wonders to make it really moist and yummy);


fruit salad- a family favorite made from fruit cocktail, pineapple chunks, nata de coco, heavy cream, condensed milk and grated Australian cheddar cheese.

creamy bacon and chicken fettuccine which is a last minute dish because I originally planned to make the pasta from the Feast of the Seven Fishes; but then, I already have seafood paella so this was cooked instead.



bisquik bibingka - this is the odd man out sort of because it doesnt match any of the stuff I made but then, there was a request for this so....


and my first red velvet bread pudding. First, I baked red velvet cake which I cubed and baked extra ten minutes to make them a little toasty then I baked them in buttered ramekins with custard pudding mix of half and half, cream cheese and confectioner's sugar poured on top. I will definitely make this again but with more custard pudding mix. I had too much bread this time and I would love it with more custard flavor and much more pudding-like texture.

It was a nice all good! It may be a quiet Christmas but we enjoyed the food and we shared a lot of laughter despite the simple gifts we received or lack of it. I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts