Lazy Sunday, lazy dinner!



Time flies so fast; I’m on the last hours of the weekend again. I’m almost done with my three drama marathons---- it’s just weird that on all three; all the final episodes are left for viewing because they’re not available … talk about cliffhangers… but I have other things on my mind so I’m not stressing out over that lol…. Still my coming $510.00 worth traffic ticket occupies my mind like my first crush ...lol :-)

I realized I still have raw scallops in the fridge so I made a quick yet tasty dinner of pasta with the baby scallops in creamy sauce. It should be tagged as another lazy dinner because I have so much stuff in the fridge but I’m in this lazy mode right now. Ah I need inspiration or maybe if I don’t get that dreaded ticket after all ha ha ha ha ha ha


Baby Scallops and Pasta

Ingredients:
Pasta cooked al dente. I used spaghetti
1 cup raw baby scallops seasoned with salt and pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes
3 rounds of canola oil- or just enough to cover the skillet
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

For the cream sauce:
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup whole milk or half and half
grated fresh parmesan cheese

Directions:
Heat canola oil in a non-stick skillet or sauce pan
Sauté the sun dried tomatoes and garlic till fragrant
Add the baby scallops and cook till the meat is opaque - remove from the pan and set aside
In the same pan, add the butter and flour make a roux (stir in the flour when butter is melted with a wire whisk or wooden spoon)
Add chicken broth and stir thoroughly making sure there are no lumps left. You can add some more broth or water if it becomes too thick.
Add the ground nutmeg
Add the milk and continue stirring
Taste if the sauce needs more salt and pepper
Add the grated parmesan cheese and stir
Pour over pasta and top with more cheese and baby basil leaves

Notes:
You can add chili flakes if you want a little kick.
Do not overcook the scallops
Do not overcook the pasta

Comments

Popular Posts