Lemon Verbena Crinkle Cookies


Just when I thought I've exhausted my lemon verbena plant, I was surprised to see it has grown more leaves so I have to postpone my other project for the weekend and made some crinkle cookies.


First, I made my lemon-verbena sugar with the aid of my Magic Bullet


And then the cookie dough with the following recipe:


Lemon Verbena Crinkle Cookies


Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup lemon verbena sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 egg
1 tsp lemon extract
A pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper- set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and lemon verbena sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg and lemon extract. Scrape sides and mix again. Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly. Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies are still soft in the middle.
Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Do not over bake!


I think it is the easiest of all the crinkle cookies I've made. I thought of filling the centers with pinches of cream cheese like I did with my Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies but I did not prepare it before hand. With my gloved hands, it would be difficult to rummage through the refrigerator drawers. I'll do that next time :-)

Anyway, the cookies turned out really good. There’s that burst of freshness from the lemon verbena right from the first bite with just a hint of butter. They're chewy in the middle with a crunchy exterior; just the way I like my crinkle cookies.


Perfect for an afternoon tea while I read.


Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this informative information about Lemon verbena Powder with us. It's very helpful. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much lemon verbena do you add to the sugar?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts