Stuffed French Toasts


I passed by our favorite breakfast place on my way home yesterday and realized we haven’t been there since last year. We used to have breakfast there almost every weekend but we kind of grew apart- we discovered another place and we sort of switched loyalty. Until we stopped eating breakfast out altogether. Now-a-days, we hardly go out to have breakfast because it seems like we’re having the same thing over and over again. I can very well make whatever it is we want to eat in a restaurant.

Today, for some reason, I thought about Cheese Pockets French Toasts from my ex-favorite restaurant and craving ensued. I don’t know how to make them but I will never be denied so I just made my version of stuffed French toasts. I have French bread, cream cheese and what’s left of my bag of trail mix. I thought of chopped walnuts in the beginning but I saw some nuts mixed with the cranberries so I decided to use it. These French toasts are just as good as what they serve in the restaurant and the best thing about home made French Toasts it is we can eat them in the comfort of our home even in our PJs he he :-)

Stuffed French Toasts

Ingredients:
8 slices of French bread
1 cup softened cream cheese
1 cup milk
3 large eggs
1 tbsp canola oil
4 tablespoons butter
1 tsp vanilla
dried cranberries or chopped walnuts

Procedure:
Mix eggs, milk and vanilla in a bowl, set aside
Spread cream cheese over four slices of bread
Sprinkle with dried cranberries or chopped walnuts
Top with another slice of bread
Melt butter in a griddle on medium heat; add the canola oil
Dip both sides of the sandwiches in egg and milk mixture
Cook the sandwiches till golden brown on both sides
Dust with powdered sugar and serve with fresh berries (optional) and
maple syrup






Comments

Popular Posts