Cajun Jambalaya Pasta

I've been craving for this the whole week that I promised myself I am making this over the weekend. I know I just had pasta last night but didn't I tell you I'll be living on pasta for a long time? Plus the fact that this one is different. Spicy, rich, lots of shrimp and chicken breast pieces. Sounds familiar? You bet! It is inspired by Cheesecake Factory's very popular dish Cajun Jambalaya Pasta. The only difference is my pasta. I had to use boxed linguini because I'm still waiting for my ahem .... ahem ..... hint ... hint... double-0 flour so I can make my own fresh pasta. It came out good but soon I hope the taste of fresh pasta and making it myself will come to fruition and no longer an obsession.

Cajun Jambalaya Pasta

Ingredients:
half a stick unsalted butter
2 tbsp Cajun spice mix (sea salt, granulated garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and ground pepper)
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
1 pound fresh linguine pasta
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 small green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 small yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
1 medium red onion, cut into thin strips
1 pound fresh large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1/2 cup diced Roma tomatoes

Preparation:

Melt butter into a sauté pan. Add the Cajun spice mix together with the melted butter. Add the chicken into the pan and continue to cook until the chicken is about half done.

While the chicken is cooking, cook linguini pasta al dente in salted boiling water
Pour the chicken broth pan. Add the peppers and onions. Cook for another minute, making sure the vegetables are cooked and the chicken is almost done.

Add the shrimp into the pan. Toss the ingredients together and continue to cook until the shrimp are almost opaque.

Add the tomatoes and continue to cook mixture until both the shrimp and chicken are thoroughly cooked. Add the pasta and toss together. Garnish with flat leaf Italian parsley

Comments

Popular Posts