Chocolate Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting



It was almost eight o’clock last night when I realized I had to bake a cake for my co-worker. Her birthday was last week but since she took time off, I told her I’d bring her cake when she’s back and that’s today. And with so much cooking and baking during weekend, I was for a moment at a loss. What can I make for her? Ripe bananas saved the day for me. I made Chocolate Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. It was light and moist and soft even refrigerated. I added a dash of imitation rum to the cream cheese frosting and grated dark chocolate over it. It was a hit, everyone loved it and so did my friend.

Chocolate Banana Cake

1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
1 3/4 cups (245 grams) all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium sized bananas)
1 cup (240 ml) warm water
1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
grated dark chocolate (for sprinkling)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
Grease a rectangular baking pan, set aside
Sift together all the dry ingredients
In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients and the mashed bananas
Mix together dry and wet ingredients
Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean
Cool completely before frosting

Cream Cheese Frosting:

1 cup cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
a drop of imitation rum flavor

Method:

Beat the ingredients till smooth using an electric mixer. Chill well before using.
Sprinkle with grated dark chocolate and garnish with mint leaves.

Comments

Popular Posts