Feeling Garlic King Crab Legs!

I went grocery shopping today and I suddenly felt a craving for garlic king crab legs from Joe's Crab Shack. And it was so bad I don't think I could go through the usual waiting in line and then waiting to be seated. I can just do my own version of the recipe. And after an hour, I was enjoying my garlic king crab legs with my favorite spiced white vinegar and sipping my ice-cold passion tea with lemonade:-)


Garlic King Crab Legs ala Joe's Crab Shack

Ingredients
1 cup vegetable oil
2 large heads garlic (separate and peel all cloves)
2 pounds king crab legs
1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
melted butter ( I prefer spiced vinegar or balsamic vinegar)

These legs from the king of crabs come already cooked and usually previously frozen
so there's no need to boil them too long to finish them off. But a long enough bath is needed to infuse the crab meat with garlic flavor.

Directions:
1.Fill a large pot halfway with water. Add oil and bring to a boil.
Separate and peel the garlic cloves. Crush all of the garlic cloves with a
mallet and then chop them up real well with a knife. When the water and oil
comes to a boil, add the garlic and parsley flakes and boil for 15 minutes.
2.Cut the crab legs in half so that they will fit into the pot. Lower the crab into the pot and boil for 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Remove crab legs and drain. Arrange one pound of crab on each plate.
4.Serve with melted butter on the side. Serves two.

Comments

Popular Posts