What I did for Christmas

I didn’t make it here last Christmas- neither on New Year’s Day but at least I’m back before Three Kings.  Now I don’t know where to start.  It seems like I haven’t blogged for a century.  It started last Thanksgiving when I didn’t post anything.  I guess I was feeling kind of sad about the things happening around us and I just don’t have the inspiration although I cooked the normal Thanksgiving feast that we partake at home every year.

It’s been how many days since Christmas but I have to share what I made- tis’ the season for sharing anyway, right? So I baked a whole lot of goodies for my friends and co-workers.
I made red velvet crinkle cookies which went inside the Santa themed bags; while I used my cute holiday baking cups for cocoa wedding cake and food for the gods.  With these goodies, I made Red Velvet Angel Food Cheesecake Trifle for our Christmas potluck.
Chicken Bringhe - it is the Filipino Valenciana with rice cooked in coconut milk with chicken meat, potatoes, chicken sausages, bell pepper, raisins, green peas and fresh turmeric which also gives the nice yellow color.
Lemon Chicken Pasta which is chicken breast cooked with lemon, olive oil and garlic then tossed with penne pasta topped with shaved Parm and fresh parsley. 
I also made Panettone Bread Pudding with Crème Anglaise Sauce and Baked Corned Beef Spaghetti with Corn but forgot to take pictures of.  Seems quite a lot and I must admit I was exhausted but happy to share and late as it may be- I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas.

Comments

Popular Posts