Crawfish and Uni Spaghetti Carbonara

I just had the most awesome lunch yesterday! Crawfish and uni in al dente spaghetti with creamy carbonara sauce- I swear it's the best thing I ever ate and the best thing I ever made this month and should make my best savory dishes list for the year.  I initially craved for crab and uni but I can't find blue crabs so I settled for crawfish and was not disappointed.  I may not be able to share the actual dish with everyone but I can tell you how to make it.    

Crawfish and Uni Spaghetti Carbonara

Ingredients
1 lb craw fish meat 
2 packages fresh uni (sea urchin)
2 cups half and half
2 clove garlic
chopped chives
2 egg yolks 
freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 lb spaghetti pasta

Procedure:
Place the half and half in a sauce pan with the minced garlic
Gently simmer until it thickens- about ten minutes.   Scoop 1/3 cup cream and set aside.
Add 3/4 of the block of uni into the sauce and whisk until smooth.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted water until al dente – about 7 minutes
Drain pasta in a colander (reserve a cup of pasta water)
In a hot pan, sauté crawfish in unsalted butter- season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper- 
Beat egg yolks and reserved cream together then pour into the uni sauce while stirring constantly
Pour into the pan with the crawfish and stir.  Season with salt and pepper
Add the pasta and toss to coat.  You can use the reserved pasta water if it becomes too thick
Add a handful of the grated Parmesan cheese and stir
Serve with leftover uni and chopped chives.





Comments

  1. Happy new year!!!

    I want some!!!!! This must taste like a bomb!!!!! Drools.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'd share it with you when I can... it is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts