Chocolate Crinkle Cookies ... baking my way out of doldrum ... I hope


There goes the first line of my post. Seriously, I hope these chocolate crinkles will lead me back to the right path ha ha ha. They're chocolaty; I made sure by adding more cocoa powder; chewy inside and crisp outside. They’re so easy to make and great with a glass of cold milk. Honestly, I've been craving these cookies forever and now I’m in heaven.

Here's how to make them :-)

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 extra large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat an oven to 375°F.
Line 2 baking sheets parchment paper
Put the confectioners' sugar into a bowl and set aside.
Sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt, set aside
In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula.
Add one egg one at a time and beat on medium speed until blended. Add the vanilla and stir.
Turn off the mixer and add the flour mixture. Beat on low speed just until blended.
Cover the mixing bowl with plastic and refrigerate for an hour or until firm
Using clean hands, form dough into one inch balls and roll in confectioner's sugar
Arrange in baking sheet an inch or two apart from each other
Bake until cookies are puffed and cracked on tops- about ten minutes- cookies will be soft but leave them in the baking sheet for two minutes before transferring to cooling racks
Serve with cold milk
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Hi! I found this originally via the Secret Garden thread on Soompi (though honestly, I don't even remember your screenname there...), and I just wanted to let you know that I made these cookies tonight! They were yummy. :D Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and welcome to my blog. That's really nice- I love hearing people trying my recipes and actually liking them. My sn there is Faye19. I hope you can try my other recipes and you're welcome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hii :)
    Can I tell you how deeeelicious this looks? Tempts me to abandon my diet.. like now. haha. you're REALLY talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a little indulgence won't hurt but i don't want to ruin your diet. thanks for dropping by and for the compliment:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts