Nutella-Cream Cheese Swirl Pound Cake


Ever since I whipped up my first Nutella-Cream Cheese Spread it never left my imagination. I am so using the spread to swirl in a cake. Initially, thought of chiffon cake but last night, I opted to do pound cake. Chiffon cake will be something else. My cake came out as two layers of buttery and crumbly pound cake with the luscious Nutella spread with the sweetness tamed/masked by the cream cheese. I could have used a tube pan or a bundt pan for a prettier shape but I felt it's going to take longer to bake and it was a little late when I started. Here's the recipe for you to try and make your own judgement.

NUTELLA-CREAM CHEESE SWIRL POUND CAKE

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour, plus more for dusting
4 extra large eggs, room temperature
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups or more Nutella-Cream Cheese Spread (please refer to the recipe from my previous post)

Procedure:
Preheat the oven to 325°. Lightly grease and flour a rectangular pan, tapping out any excess flour.
Lightly beat the eggs with the vanilla in a bowl.
In another bowl, whisk the 1 1/2 cups of flour with the baking powder and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld or stand mixer, beat the butter with the sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Gradually beat in the egg mixture until fully incorporated.
Add the flour mixture in 3 batches, beating at low speed between additions until just incorporated. Do not over beat.
Spread one half of the batter in the prepared pan, then spread all of the Nutella-Cream Cheese spread on top. Spread the remaining batter on top and lightly swirl the Nutella into the batter with a butter knife.
Bake the cake for about 55 minutes to an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Cool in a wire rack completely before slicing to serve.


My cake came out thinner because I used a bigger rectangular pan so the cake came out with cake squares effect when sliced. Use a smaller pan to have a thicker cake and you can divide the cake batter into three and the Nutella-Cream Cheese spread in two. I can assure you no matter how many layers you make it into, the end result is still yummy goodness.

Comments

Popular Posts