Double Chocolate Zucchini Brownies with Walnuts and Pecans

The recipe is from   Gemma Chewa fellow blogger and recent follower of this blog .  What drew me into these brownies is the addition of grated zucchini.   I love zucchini in its simple form or as an addition to so many dishes but like I told her, I haven't tried it in brownies.  I guess it's written in the stars that I am making these because I have zucchini in the kitchen which I have no use for at the moment.  I have the rest of the ingredients so it was full speed ahead to Brownieland.

I started by pan toasting my nuts- pecan and walnuts.
Then I rinsed, patted dry and grated 2 cups of zucchini.
Now it's time to prepare the dry ingredients- sift together apf and baking soda
On to the wet ones- eggs, olive oil and pure vanilla extract
Stir together flour mix, zucchini, brown sugar and cocoa powder
Add wet ingredients to dry
Fold in rough chopped nuts and chocolate chips
Pour into a greased baking dish dusted with cocoa powder and bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes (that's how long it took for mine to bake)
And the most exciting part- the moment of truth!
Just look how moist it is with the nuts and you can see the greens of the zucchini.  It's chocolaty without being cloying.  Totally delicious!  I used 1/3 cup of cocoa powder instead of 1/4 and dark choco chips instead of white chocolate melts.  I also used my fruity extra virgin olive oil from TJ's.  These brownies are insanely good!  
Tried it with powdered sugar but they're perfect without it.  I needed milk to down it though!  I'll be so bad if I don't share with you this recipe:

Double Chocolate Zucchini Brownies with Walnuts and Pecans

Ingredients:
2 cups zucchini, grated
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped roughly
1/4 cup pecans, chopped roughly
1/2 cup white chocolate melts, chopped roughly
1/2 cup olive oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract

Procedure:
Preheat the oven to 350 F.  Grease a brownie or slice pan and dust with cocoa powder.
In a large bowl, sift the flour and baking soda. Add the zucchini, brown sugar, and cocoa powder. Stir to combine.
Whisk together the oil, eggs, and vanilla.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients until well incorporated, and then stir in the white chocolate and nuts.
Pour into your brownie pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a test skewer comes out clean.
Serve, hot or cold, with or without ice cream. Don't tell anyone it has zucchini with it until after so they can't pretend to not like it.

Comments

Popular Posts