Matcha Tea Dorayaki


After making the panna cotta, I saw the almost empty tin of the green tea powder and asked myself why I didn't use everything for my panna cotta. What else can I make out of that very little amount? Then my mind just went to work and remember dorayaki! This is as simple as it gets. I could just make a sandwich and I'm done with it. I halved my taiyaki recipe instead of the one I used when I made dorayaki for the first time. I was a bit worried I wouldn't get the matcha tea taste so I steeped two green tea bags in warm milk and used it for the batter when it cooled down.



Spread with the sweet read beans I made then topped with another pancake, it was so delicious. I didn't quite get the green tea color but the flavor is definitely there.

Matcha Tea Dorayaki

Ingredients:

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 large beaten egg
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
sweetened red beans

Directions:
Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl then add the wet ingredients.
Mix well till all lumps disappear.
Heat griddle over low heat
Spray griddle with cooking spray (done only once)
Pour 1/4 cup pancake batter
Flip when it turns bubbly after a minute or so
Cook the other side for another minute
Transfer the cooked pancake to a platter and repeat the same process
to the remaining batter.
Spread red beans on top of a pancake
Cover with another pancake
Enjoy

Comments

  1. Yummi *Q*
    This seem to be very tasty!
    I love Dorayaki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Green tea and red beans equals yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog, Moreover if you want to taste different flavors of teas then check out the starbucks tea list

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts