Matcha Tea Dorayaki


After making the panna cotta, I saw the almost empty tin of the green tea powder and asked myself why I didn't use everything for my panna cotta. What else can I make out of that very little amount? Then my mind just went to work and remember dorayaki! This is as simple as it gets. I could just make a sandwich and I'm done with it. I halved my taiyaki recipe instead of the one I used when I made dorayaki for the first time. I was a bit worried I wouldn't get the matcha tea taste so I steeped two green tea bags in warm milk and used it for the batter when it cooled down.



Spread with the sweet read beans I made then topped with another pancake, it was so delicious. I didn't quite get the green tea color but the flavor is definitely there.

Matcha Tea Dorayaki

Ingredients:

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 large beaten egg
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
sweetened red beans

Directions:
Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl then add the wet ingredients.
Mix well till all lumps disappear.
Heat griddle over low heat
Spray griddle with cooking spray (done only once)
Pour 1/4 cup pancake batter
Flip when it turns bubbly after a minute or so
Cook the other side for another minute
Transfer the cooked pancake to a platter and repeat the same process
to the remaining batter.
Spread red beans on top of a pancake
Cover with another pancake
Enjoy

Comments

  1. Yummi *Q*
    This seem to be very tasty!
    I love Dorayaki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Green tea and red beans equals yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts