Healthy Eats

I’m on the healthy eating mode since May 20- the day after my birthday when I thought “a new me” will emerge.  So I told myself...  Well, it’s not really a new me but I’m on the healthy phase again and it’s been an exciting ride so far. It’s been meatless for me; no pasta-no bread.  I can very well live without meat but pasta and bread are like my favorites yet credit to me- I’ve been at my best behavior.  Sure I still cook pasta but it’s just to feed people; entertain while I stick to my regimen.   I just want to share what I made during my absence here- also posted on my IG.

Baked Halibut Fillet served with Kale-Pineapple & Mango Salad; wild rice and roasted egglplant and peppers drizzled with spiced balsamic vinegar
Steamed Swai Fillet seasoned with Chinese Five Spices and low sodium soy sauce with fresh ginger root and fresh cilantro 
 Baked Swai Fillet served with Garlic Zucchini, wild rice and Kale and Apple Salad  with Cranberries 
Oven-broiled eggplant brushed with a mixture of evoo, cayenne pepper, cardamom and honey then served with tahini sauce and Greek yogurt
Baked Halibut Fillet quickly marinated in evoo, old bay seasoning, fresh lemon juice and lemon zest and tarragon with asparagus and wild rice on the side
Haricots Verts with Crumbled Tofu -the green beans are blanched first then sauteed in safflower oil with garlic, red pepper flakes and Chinese Five Spices then tossed with crumbled tofu
Steamed Tilapia Fillet - the fish is marinated first in evoo, Chinese Five Spices and low sodium soy sauce topped with fresh ginger root then steamed on a bed of bokchoy. 

Oven-broiled bass fillets with special seasonings, lightly drizzled with evoo and fresh lemon juice and sprinkled with chopped fresh thyme
Oven-roasted Brussels sprouts which are seasoned with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper with a little evoo added just to moisten the sprouts
This should be it for now.  I have to do a second part because this is quite long and there's a lot more to post...

Stay tuned.....

Comments

Popular Posts