Baked Pineapple Mochi Donuts with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting

The plan was hatched when I saw I have frosting left from the coconut cake I made for Mother's Day last weekend (which incidentally was a big hit again). I am going to make pineapple mochi donuts, slather the tops with the left over frosting and sprinkle some toasted coconut for crunch. Just the thought made me giddy with anticipation. You probably feel the same when you're preparing for a hot date ha ha ha- me, when I know I will create something delicious.

So recovering a bit from all the hurt yesterday, I woke up inspired to finally execute "the plan".

The ingredients:
1 1/3 cup Mochiko rice flour
2 extra large eggs
2 tbsp granulated sugar
3 tbsp melted unsalted butter
2 tsp baking powder
2 heaping tbsp crushed pineapple
2/3 cup 2% fat milk

The procedure:

Drain the crushed pineapple
Whisk together Mochiko and baking powder
Whisk together eggs, milk and sugar
Add flour mixture to egg mixture
Stir in melted butter and crushed pineapple
Add a couple of drops of pineapple flavoring
Mix well and pour into a Ziploc bag
Grease donut pans and fill each cavity to the rim
Bake in the preheated oven (350 degrees F) for 20 minutes
Use a spatula to release the donuts from the pans
Allow to cool in the cooling rack before frosting
Sprinkle with toasted coconuts
Enjoy!

The first bite screams pineapple and just imagine soft and a little bit chewy donut topped with creamy and lightly sweet frosting bursting with coconut flavor and then it ends with the crunch from the coconut flakes. It's just heavenly!
I would love to share these with my girlfriends at work but I'm off today... too bad :-(

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts